Mpulungu port was built in 1930 for purposes of Cargo handling (Operate vessels on Zambia’s north; most water port and provides transport, logistics, vehicles, shipping and port agent business services)
In 2015 the Government of the Republic of Zambia transferred its shareholding to the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). The Industrial Development Corporation integrates all state owned enterprises and has the mandate to strengthen Zambia’s industrial base and to spearhead the government’s job creation agenda.
The Good News was the first steamship to sail on Lake Tanganyika. This boat was placed there by the London Missionary Society, carried in sections from the lower Zambezi, It was constructed and launched at the mouth of Lufu River by Captain Hore in 1884, The Hull now lies at Katuta bay